What to bring on your surf trip?
Whatever you bring, make sure you pack light & within the baggage restrictions on your air ticket. Airlines are becoming more stringent & do impose hefty charges for excess baggage
- Passport valid for at least 6 months from date of departure and must have at least 1 completely blank page (no stamps, nothing) upon arrival in Indonesia for Indonesian Immigration to attach the visa on arrival.
- A photocopy of each traveller’s passport. The local police will impose a fine for non-compliance. We suggest you take a minimum two (2) copies of your passport.
- Tickets, itinerary, travel insurance policy and any travel vouchers. Most tickets are now e-tickets so you need to bring your itinerary showing your flight code(s).
- Visa (if necessary) – for most countries including Australia, NZ and USA a US$25 30-day tourist visa is issued on arrival into Indonesia, payable in most currencies, or by credit card.
- Money –Cash is and always will be preferred around the Mentawai Islands. You can pay with your credit card for your bar tab or any other surcharge you may incur here at the Camp. If you wish to purchase souvenirs or go into Pei Pei to buy some snacks or drinks be sure to carry cash. As a standard we encourage guests to bring at least 250 AUD cash (in Rupiah) while at the camp and throughout your stay in Padang