SURF CAMP PRICING 2017
- Inquiries and Quotes are held for a limited time only. To get a quick quote, please follow this link to place your Enquiry.
- Other inquiries about accommodation, please leave us a message HERE or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALL INCLUSIVE PER NIGHT BASE PRICE is 250AUD per person. Different discounts of up to 25% for various group sizes
- Early bird booking discounts
- Non-surfers travelling with surfers get 56% off rates
- Kids under 10 come for free
Photography and Surf Etiquette
Parting from the principle that we are not the only ones in the water (at least not all the time) we want your surfing holiday to give you a bit more than some amazing memories. We want you to be a better surfer for yourself and the rest of the community wherever you travel to. We will HD video every single session and display it during the evening with the hopes that you can review your performance critically over and over for accountability and improvement purposes. Videos can be available for purchase as a prepaid packet (10 days $199AUD) or paid for directly at the camp (AUD 299)
We also impose strict etiquette rules where common sense and sharing prevails. Not all waves are the same and size makes for different approaches. Our surf guides will be out there helping you out get the most along with the rest of the crowd if there is any 😉
- Private western style bathrooms
- Daily speedboat surf expeditions
- Daily video footage for display during evenings to track progress (with option to be prepaid or sold individually)
- Three big, delicious meals every day cooked by our Le Cordon Bleu head chef
- Cooking lessons
- Drinking water, tea,
- FAST FREE WIFI
- Experienced English-Spanish-
Portuguese-Indonesian speaking surf guides/staff
- Snorkeling & Fishing/Spearfishing equipment
- Beginner wave and surf guiding
Whats not included:
- Beer, alcohol, and soft drinks and espresso machine
- Full media package (photography and video service)
- Plane tickets
- Medical/Travel insurance
- Mentawai Regency TAX 100AUD per 15 days stay per person
$350 AUD Transfers include:
- Padang Airport collection & drop-off
- All Padang Taxis
- Two nights at a Hotel in Padang. One evening before DEPARTING PADANG and one night on DEPARTING CAMP
- Ferry ticket + surfboard storage.
- Speedboat from Siberut to the camp
Travel dates 2017
For 2017 we will recommend 9-night trips:
- DEPARTING PADANG Tuesday OR Thursdays
- DEPARTING CAMP Thursdays OR Saturdays
Guest must book their flights arriving in Padang one day before leaving PADANG and one day after DEPARTING CAMP.
Private Speedboat option will be available at a surcharge on those same days.
Fast Ferry Transfers Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays
For 2017 we will be using the Mentawai Fast Ferry. However, if we have enough guests returning to Padang and leaving to the camp, we will upgrade to a private speedboat.
You’ll need to overnight on your first night in Padang (Monday or Wednesday) and your last night in Padang (Thursday or Saturday).
The ferry departs 7 am from Padang, travels via Sikabaluan, has a brief stop, then continues to Maura Siberut. Here you’ll be collected around 12 pm (by speedboat) and taken directly to the camp. Approx arrival at the camp is about 2 pm.
On return, you’ll depart the camp approx 1pm by speedbpoat, arriving at Maura Siberut around 2pm. The Mentawai Fast Ferry departs 3pm and arrives in Padang approx 6pm.
Guests arrive Padang the night before their departure day from Padang, picked up from Minangkabau airport by our Padang Staff
Next morning, taxi to Mentawai Fast Ferry approx 6.15am
Depart approx 7 am, arrive surf camp 2.30pm.
Guests quickly settle in, unpack boards & have a quick snack.
Evening Surf from 3pm-6pm.
Standard days once at the camp:
See our full Daily Itinerary below.
Early surf, returning by 10.30am
Depart camp 1 pm by speedboat, arriving at Maura Siberut around 2 pm.
The Mentawai Fast Ferry departs 3 pm and arrives in Padang approx 6.30 pm.
Guests are to overnight in Padang or attempt to catch a flight no earlier than 9.30 pm on that same day
Full Daily Itinerary
A typical day at Mentawai Surf Camp as follows:
The evening before surfing we’ll discuss how we should start the next morning. Usually, we will wake up around 6 am and try to leave before 7 am. On some occasions, we will leave earlier, other times later. During every boat trip, we’ll bring along a gallon of water plus a cold refreshment and some biscuits. Guest are welcome to buy sodas or beers and bring them along in the boat fridge. Just before departing, a quick wind and tide check to decide where to head first & if unclear we will head to our closest breaks and assess the situation from there.
We will usually surf until midday (or later) & come back for lunch and then head out again in the afternoon. We often return from surfing around dusk, where we will head back to the camp cruising through amazing sunsets for some well-deserved dinner and epic evenings at the bar!